Sunday, July 25, 2010

Winter can be cruel!

During the winter of 2010 we had a tremendous amount of snow. I had the deck of the boat being stored over at my friends shop. His shop building has walls that are about fifteen feet tall.

We had two snow storms that were 17" and 31" . Shortly after the snow fall a big chunk of snow slid off the roof, fell fifteen feet and landed on my boat deck on the port side. I thought that it could be repaired but it was beyond my skills. So I took the deck to my buddies boat shop for an estimate. He told me it was not repairable, and if I did have it fixed it would cost more than an old boat I could buy for parts. So that's what I did, I found a 1974 Formula hard top in Virginia Beach for $600.00. I really wanted to find a Formula that was older so the deck would look the same. When I found the year model I needed the people were asking to much money. I decided to go with the '74 model. When this boat is finished it will look like a 1974 Formula. The hard top off the boat is going in the trash and my windshield frame from my '70 model is going on. Its still going to be a beautiful boat when I'm done.


1 comment:

F-233-F Thunderbird said...

I was wondering if you could help answer some questions for me. I have a 1977 F-233_F Thunderbird
Formula. Do you know if it has value to its Vintage year. I see you restored an older model and might can answer some questions about the boat.