Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Coosa time IV






After I poured the 404 epoxy along the chine I took my spreader and worked the epoxy in place. In bottom two pictures I started to work on the next panel. This time I cut a strip 2 inches wide by 8 feet to bond to the upper lip of the boat. Its hard to tell in these pictures but the side of the boat raises from the chine to the top at a slight angel but the last 2 inches where the rub rail screws too turns back vertical. And where that happens creates this seam so when I place my panel in place it causes a void along that last 2 inches about a 1/4 inch wide. So I'M putting this 2 inch strip in first then I will cut the next panel to fit between the strip and the chine. This eliminates any hard bends, and where the two pieces join I will fair out and sand smooth and will look and feel as if it is one piece.

No comments: