Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Coosa time I







It is November the 14th and finally I was able to get some work done to my boat. In these pictures I'M bonding a product known as coosa board. It is made out of foam and fiberglass and is very light and very strong when installed. The cossa board I'M using is 3/8 of an inch thick. I'M bonding this to the sides of my boat to add strength and thickness with out adding any weight. It also does not rot. First I cut to the size I needed then I sanded the area on the boat with 60 grit sand paper where I was putting the board. Then I mixed 20oz of west system 105 resin with 4oz of 206 hardener. I then took a 2" chip brush and wetted out the area on the boat and the coosa board. I then took some west 404 filler and mixed it in the remaining epoxy and took my notched spreader and applied it to the board to be bonded. The coosa board is so porous I did not need to sand before applying the resin. When I'M finished with the final lay up, the sides of my boat will be just shy of 3/4 ".

No comments: