Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Coosa time II







After I applied the epoxy I put the panel in place. I really, really wanted to vacuum bag this step but my pump was acting up. I just couldn't trust my pump, I didn't want to be in the middle of the cure and the pump go out. So I cut some thin strips out of 1/2 inch plywood and screwed them to the boat clamping the panel to the side. On the positive side it worked very well but on the negative side I have created more work for my self by going back and filling in all the screw holes. I know when I finish you will never see where they were but I just don't like putting holes in my boat. I spent good money to buy all the stuff I needed to vacuum bag this project but when I did a dry practice run my pump stopped, and broke my trust to depend on it when had it laid up for real. I'M very anal about having voids in my glass work.

No comments: