Thursday, December 28, 2006

Swim platform II




I made all the final adjustments and cuts and screwed the platform back together. The original platform was screwed together with stainless screws from the bottom. I decided to screw everything from the top and counter sink all the screw holes. I used #8 silicon bronze Frearson flat head wood screws. My counter sink was 3/8" . After all the screws were in, I filled all the holes with 3/8" teak bungs. I brushed each hole and teak bung with West System epoxy with 206 slow hardener. After it cured I sanded down the bungs flush and hand sanded lightly with 80 grit sand paper and cleaned with the wipe on wipe off method with acetone. I then mixed some epoxy with some 207 special coating hardener and brushed the platform. The last picture shows the platform curing. The hardener has light amber tint to it and it made the teak a beautiful golden brown.

No comments: