Saturday, October 14, 2006

127 gallons of go-go juice





The fuel tank had about 50 gallons of 11 year old fuel. I hired a pump truck for about 127.00 to come and suck out the fuel. I had to remove the sending unit to get the vacuum hose down into the tank. It did a great job, I was impressed and to my surprise the tank was very clean and shiny being that it had fuel that was 11 years old. After the fuel tank was out I started to expose all the rot in the stringers. At first I was only going to repair the original stringers but decided to completly replace all the stringers with new stringers. So I started cutting the floor out. The project boat started to turn into a bigger project than I wanted but I know if I want a boat the way I want it I need to do it right. I used to build boats for Wahoo boats unlimited so I was not nervous to get the sawzall, grinder and skilsaw out.

No comments: