Thursday, October 12, 2006

Starboard side



The next series of pictures are pictures of the boat before I bought it. My friend that I bought the boat from sent me these a few weeks before I went down to get it. In this picture the boat is on blocks at a boat yard called "Monkey Junction" Remember the picture of the boat in 1989. Well when my friend finished the restoration in '89 he ran the boat for a year. In the winter of 1990-91 the engine was not winterized and the brand new Volvo engine with forty hours cracked. To make long story short the boat sat here as you see it for eleven years. One day I was talking to my buddy and I asked him if he wanted to sell his Formula. I was expecting him to say no because he had a brand new engine in the garage his father in-law gave him. He also had a brand new Rolls aluminum tadam axle trailor. When he said yes I said "How much" he said "4500" I said "Done". So for 4500.00 I got a brand new trailor a brand new rebuilt 400 chevy small block"330 horse power" and a volvo DP 290 out drive with only forty hours. The boat was free.

No comments: