Friday, October 20, 2006

Transom V



Here Im preparing the transom board to be bonded to the boat. The first two pictures show a bed of West system epoxy mixed with 404 filler to the consistency of peanut butter. Then I took epoxy with no filler and wetted out the rest of the surface area. The last two pictures are showing wetting out the transom board with epoxy and then skimming the board with a epoxy mixed with 404 with the consistency of manonnaise. I also skimmed the transom area on the boat with the 404 mixture but I don't have a picture showing that. When I started the bonding process on this day the temperature was about 72 but a cold front was blowing in and before I got finished and the epoxy cured it was 37 degrees. But I wasn't worried because I knew the West system epoxy has very good cold weather cure characteristics.

No comments: